To date, the NEXO STM rig has been used on Unite – NDOP 2014 and the KTIS Joyful Noise Family Festival 2014. NDOP included Hillsong United and a local Unite house band. KTIS Joyful Noise acts included Lincoln Brewster, Mercy Me, Tenth Ave North, Steven Curtis Chapman, Audio Adrenaline, Mandisa, and Hawk Nelson.
“The output and sound quality is incredible and very accurate,” says Brown. “Engineers have commented that the STM rig has headroom for days and I barely had to do anything to the EQ! We wanted a system that would give engineers a clean canvas to mix on and headroom to handle the largest venues and STM provides that.”
For NDOP 2014,
- 12x STM M46 boxes and 12x B112 bass per side,
- 8x GEO S12s per side for outfill
- 9x GEO S12s per side for rear fill
- 8x STM S118 subs left and right, 8x RS18 spread across the centre
- 8x PS10-R2s provided front fill.
For Joyful Noise,
- 12x STM M46 boxes and B112 bass per side
- 12x GEO S12s HL used for outfill
- 5x GEO S12s HR for outfill
- 16x GEO S12 used for delays – 8 left and 8 right
- 16x NEXO STM S118 subs – 8 per side in Cardioid configuration
- 18x RS18 subs spread across the centre in stacks of 3
- 8x PS10-R2 for front fill.
The monitor rig for Joyful Noise included 10x PS15-R2 wedges, 2x PS15-R2 and 2x RS18s for side fills, and 2x RS15 used for drum subs. 14x NEXO NUAR racks powered the system.
“Reach Communications’ rig was my first experience with the NEXO STM and it was incredible!” states Lee Fields, front of house engineer for Lincoln Brewster. “The horsepower of this PA is remarkable. From the second I started mixing until the last note, I was blown away by the punch of the LF and smoothness of the HF. This is seriously the muscle-car of PA’s #turnitup.”
For Unite NDOP, Reach provided two Yamaha CL5 digital audio consoles, one at front of house and one for monitors and a PM5D-RH for the house band monitors. A Yamaha CL5 was used at FOH and PM5D-RH at monitors for Joyful Noise. Reach also used the new Yamaha QL1 digital audio console for playback and announcements.
You can contact Reach at: